Escrow Agencies and Agents - NRS 645A
Who is required to be licensed as an escrow agency?
Any person who wishes to engage in any activity meeting the statutory definition of "escrow" is required to first obtain a license as an escrow agency under NRS 645A. This includes anyone working as a "construction control".
Who is required to be licensed as an escrow agent?
Any person engaged in the business of administering escrows for compensation is required to first obtain a license as an escrow agent under NRS 645A.
How to Obtain or Renew a License
Any person who wishes to acquire an escrow agency or escrow agent license must file a written application with the Division of Mortgage Lending including all required documents and applicable fees. Please refer to the Escrow Agency Company Form Application (MLD Form No. 101) and Company Form Instructions and Checklist and Escrow Agent and Control Person Individual Form (MLD Form No. 105) and Individual Form Instructions and Checklist for complete details.
Nevada law requires each Escrow Agency branch office to be licensed.
Escrow Agency Application Company Form (MLD Form No. 101) (pdf)
- Use this form if you are applying for an initial escrow Agency license for your principal location and branch location(s) or to add branch locations to existing license, or to make amendments to an existing escrow agency license.
Escrow Agent Application and Control Person Individual Form (MLD Form No. 105) (pdf)
- Use this form if (1) you are applying for an initial escrow agent license, (2) you are changing association to a new escrow agency or amending your record with the Division, (3) you are a control person of an escrow agency that has applied for a license, or (4) you are a new control person of an escrow agency that holds a license under NRS 645A.
Individual Form Instructions (pdf)
Application for Renewal of Escrow Agency License (MLD Form No. 103) (pdf)
Escrow Agency Renewal General Instructions and Checklist (pdf)
- Use this form if you are applying for renewal of your escrow Agency license for your principal location and branch location(s).
Application for Renewal of Escrow Agent License (MLD Form No. 106) (pdf)
- Use this form if you are applying for renewal of your Escrow Agent License
All applications and renewal packages, including fees, should be mailed to the Division through the Carson City office at:
Division of Mortgage Lending
1830 College Parkway, Suite 100
Carson City, NV 89706
(775) 684-7060 Fax: (775) 684-7061
Supplementary Application Forms
Events Listed below require the submission of the identified form to be submitted to the Division through the Carson City office shown above.
Events Listed below require the submission of the identified form to be submitted to the Commissioner's Office.
Pursuant to NRS 645A.070(2), each escrow agency must complete and file with the Office of the Commissioner this semiannual report. This report must be received by the Office of the Commissioner no later than 30 days following the end of the 6-month period (i.e., 4/30 for the 3/31 report and 10/30 for the 9/30 report). Do not recreate or change this form, only this report form will be accepted.
Annual Financial Statements
PLEASE REMEMBER TO VISIT THE MLD UPDATES PAGE FOR IMPORTANT INDUSTRY NEWS, INFORMATION AND REMINDERS.