An application for a license as a mortgage servicer must be made to the Commissioner through the Registry (NMLS) and must include:
• the fee required;
• all content and information required to be included in the application by the Commissioner;
• Written consent authorizing the Commissioner to conduct a background investigation of the applicant and, if applicable, each control person of the applicant, including, without limitation, authorization to obtain:
- An independent credit report from a consumer reporting agency;
- A criminal history report from the Federal Bureau of Investigation or any criminal history repository of any state, national or international governmental agency or entity; and
- Information related to any administrative, civil, or criminal proceedings in any jurisdiction in which the applicant, or a control person of the applicant, is or has been a party;
• A complete set of fingerprints of the applicant or, if the applicant is not a natural person, a complete set of fingerprints of each control person of the applicant to be forwarded to the Central Repository for Nevada Records of Criminal History for submission to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for its report; and
• Any other information requested by the Commissioner, required by the Nevada Mortgage Servicer Regulations or required in connection with the evaluation and investigation of the applicant’s qualifications and suitability for licensure.
(NAC 645F.953) (external link)
For a list of Law Enforcement Fingerprinting Sites, please see the Nevada Secretary of State’s list of Law Enforcement Fingerprinting Sites.
For assistance in applying for a mortgage service license through NMLS, please review the NV Mortgage Servicer License New Application Checklist (Company) on the Website of NMLS.