The term “wholesale lender” is included in the definition of a mortgage broker per NRS 645B.0127(2).
In addition, the definition of a wholesale lender is specified in NRS 645B.01356. (external link)
A wholesale lender is a person who holds himself or herself out:
• For hire to serve as an agent for any person who has money to lend, if the loan is or will be secured by a lien on real property;
• As being able to make loans secured by liens on real property; or
• As being able to buy or sell notes secured by liens on real property.
A wholesale lender does not directly:
• Take or receive an application from a borrower for a loan which will be secured by a lien on real property; or
• Negotiate any terms with a borrower relating to a loan which will be secured by a lien on real property.